Pastoral Transition: From the Elder Board
The Christ Community Church elder board asks for your continued prayer for discernment of God’s will for our senior pastor transition. There are many details that need to be worked out and schedules to consider. We are trusting in the Lord for His guidance and direction as we walk with Him over the months ahead. (Proverbs. 3:5-6)
Please pray these requests for Christ Community Church:
- We all remain in His will personally and corporately.
- The Folk Family and their preparations for their move to North Carolina
- Wisdom for elders as Jim’s pastoral duties are assigned and assumed.
- Patience and guidance for the pastoral search team and God’s direction to the senior pastor He wants for us.
- Unity of the body of Christ during this transition period.
- Growth in our love for one another as we serve God and minister to one another.
- Continued fruitful ministry in the church and surrounding community.
- Anticipation of God’s grace and faithful direction during the transition period.
Timeline through the end of May:
April 30 – First church-wide prayer meeting for the transition period (led by
May 7- Congregation hands in ballot nominations for pastoral search team
May 14 – Pastor Jim’s last sermon
May 14 – Announce to congregation pastoral duties assignments for transition
May 16 – Pastor Jim’s last official day as senior pastor at CCC
May 20 – Pastoral Search Team formed (Peter Magnuson – chairman)
May 20 – Elders and Pastoral Search Team meet with Glen Schreiber.
Search team kick off
Review key decisions
May 21 – Glen Schreiber preaches about the transition period between pastors
May 21 – Church-wide farewell picnic for Folk’s – immediately after Sunday Service (details coming).
May 28 – Testimony Sunday. Announce to congregation the June – July preaching schedule (Ross Lehman – leader